The June session of the workshop is currently closed. You can pre-register for our January session now. Registration will open December 1.
Are you a horror writer? Do you want to take your stories to the next level?
- How to hook readers with a compelling beginning
- Creating the right atmosphere and tone for your story
- Finding unique twists on old ideas
- The most common mistakes I see in short stories and screenplays
- What will result in an automatic rejection of your story
- Creating tension
- Pacing to maximize frights and keep the reader engaged
- How to craft a happy horror ending….and not-so-happy endings
- New avenues for storytelling & how to build your platform
Each student will have access to:
- Live and recorded discussions and lectures
- Critiques from fellow students and the instructor, Tonia Thompson, Executive Producer and Creator of NIGHTLIGHT
- Exclusive writing exercises and prompts designed to destroy your fear of the blank page
- A one-on-one Q&A session with the instructor
- Professional critique of one short story or one chapter of a novel/novella
This workshop session will begin on June 21, 2019. Each workshop session will have 10 weeks of total instruction and workshopping. Only 15 spots are available for each session, so lock in your spot today!